Join us for an extraordinary evening and take part in the 108 Firewalk. You will get the opportunity to walk across 3 fires a total of 108 times, that’s 36 times over each fire.
The number 108 is a sacred number held in reverence in many cultures and belief systems. Some of these include:
- Heart Chakra: The chakras are the intersections of energy lines, and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. One of them, Sushumna leads to the crown chakra, and is said to be the path to Self-realisation.
- Time: Some say there are 108 feelings, with 36 related to the past, 36 related to the present, and 36 related to the future.
- Astrology: There are 12 constellations, and 9 arc segments called Namshas or Chandrakalas. 9 times 12 equals 108. Chandra is moon, and Kalas are the divisions within a whole.
- Planets and Houses: In astrology, there are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12 times 9 equals 108.
- Sun and Earth: The diameter of the sun is 108 times the diameter of the Earth.
There are many more examples of why 108 is such a significant number in many cultures and we will explore these on the night.
When is it?
The 108 Firewalk will be held on Saturday 9th September 2017.
What happens at the 108 Firewalk?
We will meet at Gortinessy School House, Pettigo, Donegal at 2.00pm sharp although you are welcome to arrive any time from 1.00pm. Following some introductions over tea or coffee, we will go outside and build the three fires that we need.
We will light the three fires at 6.00pm so that we will be ready for walking at 8.30pm. We will light the fourth centre fire at 8.00pm so that we have light when we are walking.
There will be a light meal provided at 10.00pm.
What will you gain from taking part?
As with all Firewalks, the fire is the teacher and everyone will learn their own lessons. That said, you should expect to leave this event
- Feeling exhilarated and full of joy
- With more confidence in yourself and your intuition
- With a greater understanding of your limiting beliefs
- And with a new group of friends
This is a truly unique and remarkable event and you will be among only a few hundred people on the planet that have completed the 108 Firewalk.
To take part in this life changing and truly magical Firewalk the cost is only £75pp and if you book for you and two friends this is reduced to £50 per person. We also recommend staying over, most people do, and the cost for B&B is only £35pp.