Firewalking is for Stupid People
One of our videos was recently shared on the very popular Facebook page, IrishCentral.com. Of all the comments, one stood out the most, and it basically stated that “Firewalking is for stupid people”.
Now before I get into this, this did not offend me. Far from it. If anything, it left me thinking about fixed mindsets versus growth mindsets. You see, it is estimated that 5 – 6 million people on the planet have walked on Fire. And there is no way I can believe that all these people are stupid.
Consider some of the people that have made it to the Firewalkers Hall of Fame…
- Oprah Winfrey
- Anthony Robbins
- Lenny Henry
- Ariana Huffington
- Andy Harrington
- Sian Williams
- Emma Bunton
- Eric Ho
- T Harv Eker
Interestingly, some of these people went further than Firewalking and trained as Firewalk Instructors. And it should be noted, Tony Robbins has introduced the guts of 2 million people to Firewalking through his Unleash the Power Within Seminar (UPW).
More and more Business Leaders and Businesses are using Firewalking as a tool for exploring Authentic Leadership, Trust, Emotional Intelligence, and much more. It’s also great for Team Bonding.
But why have only 5 million people walked on Fire?
Well, there are two main reason for this…
1. Firewalking is not as easily available as you might think. It’s only since the late 1970’s that Firewalking has become accessible to Westerners outside of religious or cultural practices. And, there are currently no more than 400 active Firewalk Instructors on the planet.
2. It’s not for everyone. It takes Emotional Courage to get outside your Comfort Zone and do something that has a certain amount of risk. And although not everyone will get the opportunity to Firewalk, many of those that do, will turn down that opportunity.
I don’t think so few people have Firewalked because we are the only stupid people on the planet. If there were more opportunities to Firewalk, there will be more Firewalkers. The numbers keep rising year after year. There are Firewalks taking place all over the world every week and events like Firewalk Day are a real boost.
So, is Firewalking for Stupid People?
I guess this all depends on your outlook. It is unlikely you will think Firewalking is for stupid people if you:
- Like to challenge yourself
- Are invested in your personal development
- Like to get outside your Comfort Zone
- Want to broaden your view the world and your life
The list goes on….